Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bloom...


Bloom where you're planted. Make the best of it. Do what you can with what you've got.

These type of saying abound, and all remind me that it is MY choice whether to bloom or whither and die... with the implication that I have to do it, not somebody else, and that I have to bloom among rocks.

I propose that not only do I have to do it myself, but clear off the parasites and albatross that will make it difficult, if not impossible, to bloom.

Do include other symbiotic friends with good attitude and similar drive, but the trick is to evaluate them... to look and see what they are, before I trust them. Trust in friendships have to be earned. Mentoring is a bad investment unless you get a significant real-time contribution from the apprentice.

Finally, not only have my best vacations been those taken by myself, but have been those closer to home. Blooming happens in your own back yard, among the rocks!

May all your weeds be wildflowers.


- © 2008 by Willy
.

No comments: