Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home!




I've hung up my backpacking gear... for now.

I'm relieved to be back home. I just went and did my favorite local hike to (figuratively) kiss the (relatively) flat ground we walk on. I did not know how easy my hike was until now.

My experience with The Whites hit me between the eyes to humble me. It enlightenned this ignorant man off his blissful darkness. I have got to invest more time and pay some significant attention to serious fitness.

- © 2009 by Willy

P.S., shortly after I got home I got word from my daughter, still hiking the Appalachian Trail, that she had indeed had an accident in the gruelling terrain (got impalled by small stump like Pungi sticks in Vietnam), had help from rescuers getting her to an emergency room and was grounded for two weeks.

No comments: