Monday, May 21, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger?


To me, there is no doubt that this statement itself is a strong and healing antidepressant.

But is it right? Like everything black-and-white, the answer is usually a shade of gray. There are many things that are not readily apparent but eventually kill. Physical and mental illness are not immediate like a car wreck, but in time can result the same.

In hindsight, what made me stronger was simple, heartfelt affection, a sweet word, a tender touch, a kindness... some people made it better. What keeps it better is that other people walked out and did no further harm. Continued and sustained drama and depression almost got me. So, one of my goals is to outlive the itches and astards. I figured it out: What it took to make me stronger was people's kindness but what keeps me strong is giving up people... and embracing solitude.

That was the decision of my life... it seems so simple now... to live a rich life but veer away from those that can kill you. I decided for life..



- © 2012 by Willy






No comments: