Saturday, June 30, 2012

Up To 14K Feet


[This was early June] From the Denver airport, and after visiting my daughter, I drove west on the interstate to Georgetown. There I checked into its Super8 motel, ate and went to recon the winding but excellent 12-mike fresh-paved road up to the trailhead to Mt Bierstadt, atop Guanella Pass.

I found the unlabelled trailhead at an unlabelled parking lot right after a sign indicating the top of the pass (at about 10K feet up, as expected). The unlabelled trail started left of the outhouse on the parking lot. Upon walking a hundred feet into the trail, I found a trail sign (which said 7 miles, as expected) and a Mt Evans Wilderness designation sign, and I was ready for the next day's excellent adventure... I identified and could see my 14K quest.


- © 2012 by Willy

No comments: