Saturday, February 16, 2013

We Built This City On...


Step class was peaking when that song played. "We built this city on rock and roll," went the harmony, on and on. Of course, it could have been rocket motors, breakfast cereal or sunshine. What is interesting is the possessive tense: We... with the cooperation of many.

I built this body, or is it that we build this body? Even as fiercely independent and proactive as I am, I have had lots of help from trainers, instructors, gyms, bicycles, shoes, God, McDonald's and Taco Bell... you name it. I spend far more time at gym, saddle and trail than waking time at home. I feel pretty needy sometimes. Whenever I need help with that last heavy press in the last set, I think of what my ex-wife did to me... and that takes the barbell home. So, even my ex helps me... if you call it that.  ;-)





- © 2013 by Willy

No comments: