Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter Training




Outside in the winter can be beautiful, but the cold temps with snow and ice can also demotivate a hiker. We can think of so many alternatives! And the truth is that we can do indoor cardio on the elliptic, treadmill, exercise bike, aerobics classes and even walking the mall... or so the little red devil tells me.

That's when the other little voice calls me a wimp.

"If your goal is to be a tough old man," the little white angel goes, "then you should enjoy a couple of hours of winter wonderland."

"Besides, you've been slowly getting conditioned to the winter by uninterrupted hiking."

Yes, due to my obsessive compulsive disorder, I have been hiking two to four times a week consistently for a dozen years.

"And you will see Mother Nature at her best."

That did it. Off I went hiking in single-digit temperatures.


-copyright 2014 by Willy.

No comments: