Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New for Valentine's Day


When the Ex left last year, I went into a depression, followed quickly by a feeling of relief, and appreciation for solitude. I now count my blessings. Tonight I've realized how different this Valentine's Day will be tomorrow.

I won't be spending time at the Hallmark shop and I won't be blowing money sending roses to her work nor buying an additional dozen for home. I will not be going to a crowded, expensive, fancy restaurant I don't like. I won't have to put up with the unreasonable demands that everything be her way nor her continuing abuse, criticism and putdowns. I will not be emasculated this year.

The price I pay for this? Nothing! I wasn't getting any loving, kisses nor hugs... just bitching.

What am I going to do instead? Work, gym, errands, home to check email, and watch TV until sleepy. The same thing I do most week nights. The perfect evening.

- © 2008 by Willy
.

No comments: