Friday, October 10, 2008

Control


In solitude alone
can man know true freedom.
- Montaigne

Did you sell in this diving stock market? That is a decision only you can make, if it's your money. One of my buddies did. I have not and will not, instead will wait the 5 years for a recovery... and pick up some bargains now. It's my money.

I'm helping another buddy move in with his gal tomorrow, and I told him that I wish him luck and will pray for him. I'm not living with anybody else. It's my life.

Man is never as capable as when he is independent. Alone, without ties that bind, we have both nobody to hold us back and nobody to blame. A free soul can contribute. It is our dependence on another that holds us back. Nobody else can guide us better than ourselves... only inspiration makes us better. That is, nobody other than God makes us better.

Can I control myself? Damned right I can... the buck stops here. Can another control me? Yes, if I let them, and they try all the time! They're called mothers, spouses and significant others. Can I control others? Shiiit no. The next time I fall in love, I will keep it to myself. She'll never know it.

"I can't make you love me if you don't" - Bonnie Raitt



- some of this © 2008 by Willy
.

1 comment:

Violet said...

My favorite Bonnie Raitt song is "I Will Not Be Broken." I sang it every day on the way to work, for 2-1/2 years, at the top of my lungs, until I got out of that hell hole. It works.

I didn't sell anything. What goes up will come down.