Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Role Model


It is said that life itself remains a very effective therapist. I need all the help I can get, but I had a tough time over the holidays and I badly needed winter to end. That seems to have come to pass this past weekend, and I went hiking again. Being outside makes me think things through. Nature soothes my inner stresses. I see and feel things differently during my solo hikes. I often start with: "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Then I listen.


My daffodils had poked through in mid-January so I figured that spring was not far behind, but I wasn't expecting to see the vast greenery available outside. Ferns were plentiful, briars abounded and one green bush was the size of a car... all undeterred by the stresses of the many weeks of recent freezing temperatures. I needed to see that. I'm going to tack up a picture of this bush as a role model to look to, to keep my soul off its knees.

I trust you, Father, your will be done.

- © 2009 by Willy

P.S., yes, may all your weeds be wildflowers.

No comments: