Sunday, June 21, 2009

Feeling It On The Skin



I've been out feeling nature at her best. It was a beautiful, sunny day... which has been unusual lately... so I rode. It's been raining so much that I have bike-commuted seldom this year.

Seeing me get ready, my neighbor commented on the projected high temperatures today, to which I responded with a smile that a bicyclist creates his own cooling wind on such days. I'm grateful that I can and do get out, whether it's biking on a beautiful hot day like today or hiking a rainy and muddy mountain like last weekend... and that I have control over my life. Today I was blessed to have had a headwind going in but a tailwind coming back (some days it's a headwind both ways... really!).

Headwinds and mountains are great trainers, without which I would not be fit, nor appreciate nor have the easy days.

On my heavy commuting bike I did 2 hours at 15 mph which is a little slow, but much better than my neighbor's alternative, or that of my children's mother at her nursing home.


- © 2009 by Willy

P.S., psssst... yesterday hiked my favorite mountain again, 6.5 miles at 3 mph.

No comments: