Sunday, June 21, 2009

Too Tactical To Worry About




Around here we have alarm horns at all the schools, the TV gets interrupted by The Emergency Channel System, and my secretary's weather radio alarm makes me jump off my chair much too often.

Then when I get home late after gym or cardio the Tivo-ed news is just the local weather jocks rambling on and on and on.

Rant 1: It's the old overused wolf call story... when the real wolf comes we'll be desensitized to it and won't respond.

Rant 2: What in the world are they doing, when a tornado and a thunderstorm are so surgical and tactical? I figure that when it's my time to go, it's my time to go... in the meantime I have way too much to do to worry about something else. I'm not cowering from fear. That is, I'm picking priorities and weather is not it.

Related Rant 3: Neither is a priority yet another relationship. What's the point of stressing to death?

Call me only if you see a nuke detonating.

- text © 2009 by Willy

No comments: