Sunday, December 29, 2013

Santa Has Left




Santa has left the building and a new year is upon us. They go fast.

How did I do this year, Santa?

It was a year of accommodation and accomplishment. The flexible survive a hurricane whereas the strong don't. To a good controls engineer, life is about accommodating change.

I hurt my shoulder and thus my muscles suffered, but I did more hiking instead.

A complication at work demanded more management oversight and thus a bigger staff to compensate.

Yet another good friend offered the social graces and I accepted this variation from my solitude. Being the basic model engineer, I will be forever working on this, but have thoroughly enjoyed her as well as her cadre of friends and varied activities.

What will I do next year, Santa?

Thanks to her recent feedback, i will correct a mistake in my relationship with my friend. I went too far in accommodating her: I will stand my ground and give her a good example of diet and exercise, instead of accommodating the seducing darkness.

I will continue to be tough with myself, especially in diet, strength and endurance.

I will accommodate people, but with better judgement.

I will still take quality over quantity.

My goal is to be a tough man. Old just happens.

And I will stay on rhythm.

See you soon enough, Santa. Happy new year!


-copyright 2013 by Willy.

No comments: