Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Holidays!




Relaxing for the holidays? Does it mean guaranteed increased caloric intake and thus weight gain? Less free time due to socializing? Reduced training? More bah humbug?

Well, yeah...

It's tough to find time to squeeze a few sets in or do a few miles if I'm busy with family and friends. In addition, most socializing is done over food... and rich food, too.

On the other hand, socializing helps my soul if not my body.

A solution is to be aware of the need to get away from family and go do something. When I am away, I walk or bicycle... or find a gym. These breaks from the family are refreshing to both me and the family, who feel that they need to entertain me.

It's a good trade.

It's staying on rhythm with theme and variations.

Happy holidays, and merry Christmas.

P.S., stay close to the wall when opening presents or you'll fall into the lion's pit... but that's for another blog.


-copyright 2013 by Willy.

No comments: