Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Past Age 60




The current issue of one of the outdoors backpacking magazines prominently displayed an article titled: "Ten ways To Stay Active after 60." This article joins many others with the same message.

Having lived long past 60, it amuses me that so many lengthy articles need to be written on the subject, when it's just simple common sense. To me, there is only one thing to do:

Modify, but don't stop.

I modified by going low-impact (no running), and increasing my miles to accommodate my reduced metabolic rate. This has decreased my risk for injury and increased my endurance and toughness.

I do not stop for weather nor for distractions. Nothing stops my training. I hike, bike, lift and stretch more, and more effectively. If I stop, I might not be able to get back to it.

I don't stop.


-copyright 2014 by Willy

No comments: