Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Gratitude List


Making a new Gratitude List every time depression or anxiety present itself is a terrific coping strategy that forces a positive outlook and a positive attitude. Also, there's something said about this rewiring your brain. Key is to keep the gratitudes positive and always tell myself the truth. Here goes today's...

I'm grateful because I'm in control of my own life and have nobody to tell me what to do. Although I do have responsibilities and obligations to meet, there is no nagging or bitching at home or work.

I'm grateful for my programming by The Creator since birth for thirst for knowledge and self-reliance... I do stuff rather than depend on others. I'm grateful because I do not have to bother my friends.

I'm grateful because I have faith and do believe in God and His miracles.

I'm grateful that what I do, I do well... and that I love what I do. And I'm grateful to be very well respected in my technical field.

Managerially I'm trusted with significant power over people's careers. I'm grateful for this trust I've earned from my peers and management, and for the grace to keep my composure.

I'm grateful to be able to do the right thing, no matter what (I'm not politically correct).

I'm grateful for my blessings... the many mentors and angels I've had, that I'm a part of. Without them, I wouldn't be me. And for my helpers who I myself mentor, and who will inherit my work; thus for all the students and teachers I've had, formally or informally and for all my coworkers, friends and acquaintances; for all my dependents and failed relationships, and for my enemies too, because they also shaped my life.

Thus, I'm even grateful to have fallen in love, although I'm not doing it again because it about killed me.

I'm grateful because I do love good, kind people, although I suffer no fools. That I can be kind and generous with time and money, and that I can sympathize and empathize with friends and family and help when needed.

I'm grateful that my two kids are gone, learning self-reliance by separating from their mamma-daddy (me!). That I was able to influence them in a positive way, and that they have grown up nicely.

I'm grateful because I've been able to remain physically active and healthy. I weightlift, yet am limber and flexible, and yet still, my cardio doesn't suffer. I'm able with 100-pound dumbbells as well as 100-mile rides. I'm grateful because I've been able to deal with accidents, injuries and deterioration... and continue.

I'm grateful that I am at peace with myself and thus can get a good night's sleep.

I'm grateful because I make a decent income, have a plan for retirement, live in a nice, comfy house with a terrific view of the city, close to work, in a small town with plenty of outdoors opportunities close by, and do take a lot of adventuresome vacations.

I'm grateful to have contributed to life.

I'm grateful for my massage therapist, my dry cleaner and my maid... all long-term regular gifts to myself.

I'm grateful because I have common sense, which I have found uncommon in the populace.

I'm grateful that I'm not crazy. And I'm extremely grateful for having a good sense of humor, which has kept my life interesting and me sane under tough circumstances [wink!].

- © 2008 by Willy
.

No comments: