Saturday, June 12, 2010

Discipline



I do what I can with what I have.

I'm friendly but I keep to myself unless engaged. There were three gals talking in the weightroom area. I had done cardio, warmed up the rotator cuff and had already done a delts circuit. I was on my second heavy set, minding my own business, when Carol showed this new gal her squat form... pushing up her chest and back her butt... and I lost concentration completely. After wasting time at the treadmill until they left, I went back for my last remaining power sets and finished my heavy workout in perfect form, without injury.

I can't control the wind but I can adjust my sail. To adjust, I withdrew.

I also love real chocolate ice cream but I can't have any and haven't had any in years. I'm still in irrational love with The Ex, but withdrew there too... I will not have anything to do with her, and haven't in years... after shedding many a tear. I can't choose how I feel but I can choose what I do about it.

Life's all about accepting and exerting self-control, which is no easy feat sometimes. How else would you live this day?


- © 2010 by Willy

No comments: