Saturday, October 13, 2007

If We Are...


Yes, if we are what we eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy. Yes, you've gotten this email a few times by now, but I really do agree with it. I am fast, cheap and easy... but is that all I am?


I am really a melting pot of every character I've met, of every column I've read, of every TV show I've watched, of every reference book in my shelf, of everywhere I've been. I can't say exactly what I am.


I'm fast because I'm hyperactive and I have to keep up with the world. I'm cheap because I had nothing when I was growing up and I've earned my pay, see no reason to throw away money. I'm easy because I do help a lot of people out, thinking it the reason why I'm still around. There are some problems with these traits... I have trouble turning it all off to sleep at night, my fiance blew up when I got her a 1-carat certified engagement ring at Wal-mart, and I do attract dependents.


I'm also well read like my friend Al, muscular like my workout buddy Dallas, tender like my cousin Mary, handy like in those Home Flip shows, conservative like O'Reilly, funny like Leno, smart like Wikipedia, and tough like Bounty.


I'd like to think that, on a good day, I'm also kind, positive, loving, and other good things. I also am afraid that I'm getting to be an old skeptic, and very set in my ways. But I know that the benefits outweigh the detriments. I hope and I pray that in my melting pot the good always outweigh the bad.


.

-text © 2007 by Willy


No comments: