Saturday, April 19, 2008

Behavior

There's this funny little bird with tall legs called a Killdeer.

I hear them before I see them while bicycling and hiking, sounding "titiiiuuuu, titiiiuuu." It likes to hang out on muddy creeks and build its nest right on the ground, which is not a smart thing to do, since predators would have an easy time eating eggs and young. The Killdeer's solution is to decoy the predator away from its nest, singing its "titiiiuuuu, titiiiuuu" while walking away. To find the nest all I have to do is look where he's coming from, not where he is.

I'm sure that, to a higher being, we too are funny little people, with odd behavior... demonstrating hate, anger, fear, pain, lust and love, for whatever reason (usually selfish). And I'm also sure that the higher being can see right through us and tell what we're up to by where we're coming from.

Maybe we can too.

Matter of fact, I'm convinced that we are a great source of both entertainment and sadness to a higher being.

And to me too.

- text © 2008 by Willy
.

No comments: