Sunday, March 1, 2009

Worry vs Courage


"The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for deliverance from fear. It is the storm within that endangers him, not the storm without." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's amazing what we can do when we try... both in body as well as in mind. But it is in the mind that we fight our battles, and it is the mind that pushes the bodies. Whereas worry and fear keeps us awake at night, faith, belief, courage and valor reformat us to generate the energy needed to make it possible.

Ghost from the past have reappeared, both physically and in remembered words, but I no longer listen to that negative self-talk that cluttered my head from old criticism. I chose to replace it with my message... that I can do just about anything. I will not be scared off by the ghosts nor by the poison they have spread, but will hold my head high in spite of it and laugh at them. I'm still fighting my demons but my goal is to refuse to acknowledge that they are lurking about. I think about how much stronger the struggle made me, not how much it hurt. I turned that page. I have set my goals, I do right, and do not fear. I believe in myself.

Get out of my way, ghosts.

- © 2009 by Willy

No comments: