Saturday, March 3, 2012

Colloquialisms and Repetitions


The vernacular or colloquialism for the ubiquitous upper-booty tattoo is tramp stamp, which I learned from one of the sharp young people I mentor (I sometimes wonder if I learn more from them than they learn from me). This tat fact might have been actionable information for me thirty years ago but not now. We also discussed that brainwashing (frequent repetition) is not limited to Madison Avenue, to which she informed me that she already does that... tell all the boys, often, how cute she is. She also states that there is no kill switch on awesome, to which I could not help but LOL.

For twenty-one years I've worked out with younger Dallas, my brother from another mother, who continues to educate me as we press weight while I retell my experience... to laughs from both of us. Here, the reps are essential in order to stay huge.

I also repeat cardio to stay fit. While performing an early-season hike with my old buddy Ray last weekend, I praised him for his endurance (we did 12 miles and 2400 climb-feet in 6 hours). He replied that it was just putting one foot in front of the other, to which I remarked that this was true for life in general, and we both laughed while we bushwacked a shortcut.



Tomorrow is long and slow hike day, again. Today I did my usual early killer step class at the gym, some leftover weightlifting, got massaged and then again met a small group for an easy afternoon bike ride. I'm back to endos... mountain biking... besides my street rides and mountain hikes, whether in rain, wind and cold... or not. This year I'm training to bag a couple of 14ers in Colorado (hike to summit mountains above 14,000 feet). I'm bagging the peaks solo. My daughter says she's proud that I'm a badass. I'm tweaking my cold gear too... adding wicked crampons and killer ice axes, with which I'll boggle my neighbors' minds while aerating my front yard.

No matter the jargon, repetition and training are essential in life. It's all about having fun being bad... over and over again.



- © 2012 by Willy

No comments: