Wednesday, March 28, 2012

They Were Talking About Me


"Are you a Storm Chaser?" The two old ladies beamed big grins at me at Baggage Claim today. They were referring to my backpack, with tennis ball covering the tip of my protruding hiking pole and foam pad attached. I'm sure I impressed them, but not sure if it was the pole or the fact that I crammed the whole thing in the overhead compartment.

"Naaa... just out hiking for a few days." I said, and smiled back.

It's early in the year for my father-daughter bonding hike. This one in the Rockies but at moderate altitudes... around nine or ten thousand feet. Cold temperatures and snow expected as well as many interesting conversations.

One of several topics of conversation tonight was keeping small things from stressing her. "Small fish versus big fish like my dissertation."

I look forward to these every year. Yes, the talk as well as the hikes.

- © 2012 by Willy

No comments: