Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Going Quick!


My Daffodils started blooming in mid-January, the Bluebells have peaked already and the Mayapple blooms are about gone. I've expected, monitored and enjoyed them all.

It's been perfect temps for hiking, and the winds are down for enjoyable bicycling. I've been doing a lot of both, but am not peaked yet training-wise. My annual July hiking trip with the daughter is this week (in full down and with stove at 10K-ft snow camp), and the usual December Florida family reunion (and hot bicycling) is next week. Good grief! Time has compressed... it's been a quick year, already. I may get thermal shock.

Thank goodness that my traditional Memorial Day weekend hike is staying put, then June will bring the 14ers in crampons and ice axe, bagging peaks in the Rockies. I have no idea what I'm doing after that, but have wanted to do the A.T. north of Fontana... a tough climb. This year I plan to wear myself out with twice the adventure.


- © 2012 by Willy

No comments: