Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Right Turn In My Life


During the recent trauma associated with the termination of my recent 5-year love affair, I swore to God that I am never, ever, going to be caught in that predicament again... the pain was unbearable. That was the end of THAT kind of relationship! I just am not going to allow myself to fall head-over-heals in love, give my heart, nor share my life. I've got to stay sane while I'm still around.

Many years ago, after my divorce, I said something about not getting married again, so I guess I had shot cupid and did not realize it.

My good friend David tells me that he is sure that I will fall in love again. I agreed with him, but also remarked that this time I'm not going to tell her, nor will I pursue that relationship... it's going to be my little secret.

And my definition of love has changed forever... I love people who do their work responsibly, who are kind and helpful to others, who trust, contribute, and respect. Who have a good positive attitude, and who are complimentary. I love people who enjoy life, who found their calling, and who work their mission here. And who do the right thing no matter what.

I love people who love others in that way, and want to develop more friends like that and deeper friendships... but I will not lust after them, live with them nor marry them.

-©2007 by Willy
.

No comments: