Saturday, November 3, 2007

Behavior Modification


I'm not perfect by a long shot, but I'm not bad either. Besides being a skeptic and intolerant of fools, my real problem seems to be being a Codependent. I try too much to take care of people to the point that they avail themselves of me instead of growing up and being responsible, thus I draw dependents. I'm going to a support group, and this time I'm sticking with it, just like I've got to stay at the gym for life.


Yes, I'm a skeptic. I do believe that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior, and thus I've got to abstain. I have a 2x4 at office and another at home, prominently displayed, with signed instructions to hit me with it if I get into another romantic relationship. I call it my Correction Stick. It also should keep away the femme fatales, unless they take it as a challenge or a game.


I hope this combination of support group, whack motivation, and dependent repellent does the trick.


- © 2007 by Willy


.

No comments: