Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Rejoice!


Christmas is almost over! Rejoice! Yes, a Bah Humbug to you.

Who can possibly like the horrible crowds and the maddening traffic that is Christmas? The huge expense in time and money? The waste and inefficiency at work? The bother of putting up with bad relatives? The debilitating stress? The craziness?

No, nobody, and neither can I... whether we admit it or not. What we do is to grit our teeth, put up with it, send out the stupid Christmas cards, buy the dam' presents, and take a chill pill.

Then, sometime, the cards are sent, the sales are over, the people finally go, the place gets quiet and we all take a day off. I start reading the emails rather than deleting them unread. I finally catch up at work, and relax at home laughing at the drunks on TV... which reminds me to make a resolution.

Thinking about this last year I feel my 2007 is summarized as "Fate's here to see you and she's brought her wire cutters." To which a good friend replied that this was over, and now "God's here to see you and He brought you His love."

And I smile, and rejoice.

- © 2007 by Willy
.

No comments: